Friday, August 27, 2010

Porridge w/ Maple Syrup

This morning's breakfast was brought to you by Café Sol at the corner of Clare Street (and Canada). I love porridge. In fact I love porridge more than eggs for breakfast, but porridge, can be divil to get right. This mornings porridge was lumpy and had a faint powdery texture to it. I was disappointed. It think porridge should have a nutty bite and not taste like flour. I was disappointed because I've had lunch in Café Sol and it's been a pleasure, plus the staff are nice. If you go there I recommend the crayfish and rocket sandwich.

I'm constantly struggling to understand how porridge, a food which as probably been around as long as agrarian society, can still be treated as badly in the kitchen as a tinker bride who's burned the sausages.

Porridge brings out the Scottish accent in me incidentally, especially salted porridge or whisky'd porridge (which brings out the morning drunk in me also).

No comments:

Post a Comment