Sunday, June 27, 2010

Eggs Florentine (A.K.A. Mostly Butter, A.K.A. Egg with a Side of Egg Sauce)

The Breakfast of champions list goes; eggs Benedict, eggs Florentine, poached eggs on toast. As it happens that's also the the order of how unhealthy they are for you.

Sunday morning's breakfast.

The Hollandaise was a little tart (insert your favourite joke about those lefty liberal Dutch here), this was probably due to the large sized half a lemon I used. I also forgot to add cayenne pepper, and ballsed out on pouring in all the melted butter.

I'm aware of a story that the 'Florentine' bit refers Catherine de Medici of Florence and her predilection for spinach at the court of her husband Henry II of France. I'm not sure if this story is true. I don't care, for all intents and purposes: this is an American dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment